The infamous black bean brownies. We’ve all heard people raving about them, but are they really that great?
To our surprise, we found out they are even better than great. They are eat-a-whole-batch in one night amazing. They are fool your friends and family ready. Black bean brownies are everything.
This BFF original recipe was made after hours of scouring the internet, trying to figure out what we could possibly put in these brownies to make them edible, and how we could make them with ingredients we already had at home. The coffee in this is essential, as it really masks the bean taste and brings out the rich flavour of chocolate. However, feel free to use decaf if you wish. It’s all about the flavour! We also love the muffin tin because the brownies come out in perfect little cups, ready for munching.
These brownies are filling and decadent. We hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
- 1 ¾ cup black beans
- 2 tbsp coffee
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 chia eggs (or regular eggs)
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F.
- Add black beans, coconut oil, and coffee to a blender and blend until smooth. Add remaining ingredients except chocolate chips to the blender and continue blending.
- Lightly grease a muffin tin.
- Pour muffin mixture from blender into the muffin tin. Top each brownie with a few chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25 mins. Remove with a spoon when cool.
Nutrition: 169 calories, 8.6 g fat (6.5 saturated, 0.4 polyunsaturated, 0.6 monounsaturated, 0 trans), 3.3 mg cholesterol, 181.3 mg sodium, 232.5 mg potassium, 23.2 g carbs, 5.2 g fibre, 13.8 g sugars, 4 g protein, 0% vitamin A, 1.8% vitamin C, 6.4% calcium, 10.9% iron.